- October month is the best month for visiting Kathmandu. The weather and visibility during this month is perfect for trekking and outdoor activities. The average daytime temperatures are around 20 °C (68 F): just the perfect temperature to enjoy hikes and walks around the downtown without getting sweaty. However it is advisable to carry some warm and light jackets as the morning and evening can get very chilly. Additionally, there is a fair chance of rain in this month. However, rain does not last for more than a couple of hours.
Everest Experience (Mountain Flight)
- October is a prime time to experience the Everest mountain flight.
- Mountain Flight starts at 6:00 AM early in the morning from domestic air-terminal at Kathmandu airport.
- You can see the Everest just 20 miles away from your window.
- You will see wonderful Himalayan peaks, lakes and glaciers.
- You can make it during the conference. It takes about 3 h in total.
- Kathmandu is a valley surrounded by green high hills. You may explore Kathmandu with your short time limits.
- You will be seeing the stunning mountains views (if weather is favorable) without climbing high hills. You may visit places like Nagarkot, Champadevi, Phulchoki and Shivapuri to view a panoramic mountain.
- Please use bottled mineral water supplied by hotel for drinking.
- It is not advisable to carry excess cash and important documents with you while walking around.